Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Bump

I have had over two weeks off from teaching. Why is it that it is Sunday, January 4th, the day before I am to return to my job, that I am finally posting pictures from the last month!? It's probably the same reason I am sitting down to lesson plan/grade today. Yikes! It has been a terrific break:). I'll start by posting the latest baby bump pic.
I am now 22 weeks along and have been feeling the baby kick quite a lot lately - which is pretty incredible. There is something about actually feeling the baby move that makes all of this even more real than seeing pictures of the baby. Still, I'll include a few of the ultrasound pictures as well. We went the the doctor earlier in December when I was 18 weeks along. From what they could see, everything looks good. I'm glad they are the professionals. I could distinguish some of the bones/body parts, but at one point I thought we were looking at the face when it was actually the baby's heart. I'll trust their expertise:).I feel truly blessed to have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy thus far. I definitely have more energy than I did during the first trimester, and I'm not too huge yet so I'm not uncomfortable. I know that it's just a matter of time until that changes!

Many of you know this already, but we're not finding out whether we're having a boy or a girl. I have gone back and forth on this (most recently the day before our ultrasound I tried to convince Jonathan that we did, in fact, need to know), but I feel good about being surprised at this point. It is strange mentally preparing for it and going back and forth, convincing myself that it must be a girl, then a boy, then a girl, then a boy, etc. Jonathan keeps reminding me that it is still a 50% chance either way, so in the end, how can I really convince myself that it's truly one or the other? The truth is I have NO idea. Stay tuned...I'm sure we'll try every old wives' tale in the book (dangling the wedding ring, heartbeat info, etc.) and maybe we'll post about it and take bets. Hmmm. Which will it be? :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for prego pics!:) your bump is so cute.:) i thought i should let you know that andrew has, yet again, changed his mind on what you are having. he has swayed to a boy again. i'll ask again tomorrow and let you know if it changes again!

Anonymous said...

We tried all the wives tales and they were all inconclusive. Some said boy, some said girl. The wedding ring trick was funny. If Phil though girl, thats what it would do and if thought boy, it would show for a boy. I'm glad you are waiting. It was so worth it. We need to get together sometime. I would love to see you.

Libby said...

ummm i am no expert but that send picture makes me think that you are having a boy! did they tell you what that thing was next to the left leg?? i wouldn't say anything but it is pretty obvious if it is what i am thinking it is. you are looking good!

Dan and Shell said...

Ooohh...I have to agree with Libby! I went back to the 2nd pic and thought I saw a tiny...ummm...we shall see!! 50/50 chance right! I'm done with the book, and thought I'd get it back to you, but looking outside I won't be out today. Car say's your done with book 2, so maybe I'll send Dan by again today!! Your looking like one hot preggo mama!!

leahandtravishartanov said...

You look good as a prego.

Unknown said...

i think my vote is boy too.:)

Unknown said...

that was me, carly. but neal's with me and he votes boy too.

The Boggs Family said...

How did I miss this post?! Carly was asking me what I thought about the gender, especially after seeing the ultrasound pics posted on here & I had to come see for myself... so sorry I missed this fun post! Ok, so while I totally see why there is valid suspicion you are having a boy -- my thought is that it's the embilical chord that's showing there. I'm no ultrasound tech, but reason I say so, is because if you look at the white marks on that particular "nub" :) haha, they go in a spiral direction -- just like the chord looks in real life - it's so wierd, just wait til you see it. When we had ultrasound pics of Maggie before knowing she was a girl, we were convinced she was a boy -- even from suspicious thoughts. So many floatie thingies and waves get picked up from those machines. So, even with evidence like that, I think you're having a girl. :) Yep, my vote on your poll is for baby girl Hook. (Though you can't go wrong being blessed either way!!!) :) Love you so much!

The Boggs Family said...

P.S. Have I told you lately how dang beautiful you are? You are one smokin' hot prego mama!! :)

Erin said...

I thought at first the item around the left leg was said body part as well, but then on second glance I noticed it is nearly as long as the femur...I say if it is what it first appeared, that's one scary boy. Therefore, in hopes that it is not, I vote girl.

Katie said...

Amy you are the cutest pregnant girl...maybe ever! I miss you! How exciting you can feel Sweet Pea Hook moving! I think it is so exciting that you guys are waiting to find out. Hope back to school is going well. I love the xc skiing pics! I wish I could go snow shoeing with you! Thanks for the Christmas card. I loved it. Miss you both!