Sunday, March 8, 2009

Family Weekend



We just got back from a great weekend away with the Hook clan. We went up to Sandpoint, Idaho and stayed at a beautiful condo on the lake. Jonathan and I actually were up there a few weeks ago (just the two of us). It was wonderful being with family this time around. 

We spent a lot of time just resting and relaxing. We also went shopping downtown (in a snow storm), went out for a delicious meal on Saturday night, played games, slept be the fire, went to the spa (I got a pedicure and Jonathan got his first ever massage), went xc skiing, and most of all enjoyed quality time together. 







Now I'm just trying to gear up for another crazy week of work, after school meetings, birth classes, and get togethers (the best part). Why do Sunday nights always feel insane?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! i really want to go there sometime!:) aims, i can't believe you are 31 weeks prego!!!

Edwards Family said...

Amy how exciting that you are having a baby soon! You are so cute pregnant! When our little ones get older we'll have to have play dates!

Edwards Family said...

Amy I do use cloth diapers... and really they are great! I don't mid washing them of course he isn't in solid food yet... I have 24 great diapers and 6 backups and I do wash 2 times a week which is perfect because much longer than that and they really start to smell. We were given the diapers as gifts and bought one set and the total for all of them and inserts was $350 but we never have to buy disposables! They are really absorbent so you don't have to change them as much, he never gets a rash, and they hold in the smell- when he wore disposables when he was a preemie they smelt so bad as soon as he dirtied them!! We use the one size all in ones that unsnap and grow with him... so they should last for his whole diapering stage. The Happy Hineys and Mothers Touch both work good, the Bum genius ones are really absorbent but also smell kinda like ammonia because the PUL they are made out of holds smells and we have a front loader washer which uses less water so they don't soak as they wash- I use them at night because they are so absorbent! Ok lots to say about diapers, if you want to call me I'll tell you more 326-2859... Nick doesn't even mind them & you save money and trees!

The Boggs Family said...

Oh Amy, what a great weekend away! It is absolutely stunning up there--- and you look aaaaahhhhmazing -- cannot believe you are 32 weeks pregers. No way?!!! :) :) :) The end is near, my dear Friend! :) Great to see you guys this morning & always enjoy your incredibly positive, wonderful, fun outlook on life. You two have joy comin' out the seams and it's beautiful. Love you both! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend...