Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Andrea Comes to Town


My good friend from college, Andrea, came up for a week from Colorado. She came to visit last summer (you may remember the 8-hour homemade skirts??) and could hardly believe that in the year since we've seen each other we bought a house and had a baby. A lot can change in one year! We spent just a few days in our ridiculously HOT house before heading up to the lake for a few days. Lately I've been wishing we lived at the lake the entire summer. There is nothing better than crisp and cool nights after hot days! I haven't felt the sensation of cold for a while (except when I stick my head in the freezer, which I've been doing a lot lately).

So, here is my time with Andrea (in pictures...). You can't really beat hiking, kayaking, boating, beach volleyball, huckleberry picking, swimming, reading and relaxing.



P.S. My dad has started this great tradition while we're at the lake. When Clara wakes up around 5:30 he takes her with him down to the lake for his morning quiet time/swimming ritual. That means I get to sleep until about 8. Yahoo!

P.P.S. The little champion has been sleeping 8 to 8 1/2 hours lately. It's glorious:).

3 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Oh I am so envious of the amazing time you've had at the lake --- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! :) And how perfect to get to spend time with Andrea too!! BTW, that view at your parents' lake place is utterly stunning - like, unreal amazing!! Wow. Clara is just adorable as can be - can't wait to hold her!!!!! :) Love you guys, miss you much!

The Boggs Family said...

P.S. Lord willing, we close on the house tomorro! :) We signed today, sellers sign first thing in the morning, and we should be funded by afternoon & ready to start on the projects. :) Can't wait!

jonesfamily said...

How fun that you got to spend so much time with Andrea! I hope she is doing well and I hope you guys had a great time together as I'm sure you did. Clara really is so cute!

Julie