Last night we stayed downtown at the Davenport hotel. A year ago, Jono got a gift certificate from a patient and we stayed there on the night of his office Christmas party. This year we had no reason to do it again, but my husband made a reservation without asking me. I didn't complain too much when I found out.
Last year we woke up on Saturday morning and went to the Rocket Bakery (I am borderline obsessed with the place) and then downtown to Christmas shop for the day. This year we did the same thing but it was way more fun. That is because we had this little Christmas package with us.

Doesn't she look kind of like a Christmas package in this outfit? Thank you Ella:).
We had decided a few weeks ago that we'd do Clara's santa pictures today. Some friends had told us we'd have no problem taking a photo ourselves and avoiding the overpriced elf photos. We were sad to find out that we could not take our own picture without purchasing something. The lowest priced item? $20. Ridiculous, I know. So...in true Hook form, we sent Jonathan up to the second story to capture a picture. What did we get? This lovely shot.
So, we caved. Or, I guess you could say I caved. We went back an hour later and purchased a small sheet of pictures. We weren't anticipating how slowly the line would move, so the girl was at least 20 minutes past her eating time. She didn't cry but a smile was hard to come by. At least you can tell that it's our child in the photos...
Was it worth it? I don't know. I am glad we have a picture so if we want to continue the tradition in the years to come, we won't be missing the first one. Come on, though, people! This is ridiculous! Does anyone know any santa look-alikes? Maybe we'll put a wig & beard on Jonathan next year and invite all the kids we know.
In other Christmas news, here are a few recent pics from today and of the past few weeks...
Here is how much Clara loves Christmas trees.
Posing with Daddy in front of a really cool gingerbread house at the Davenport.
Here she is with Benjamin (3 weeks) and Quinn (4 months) at the Mopsqueezers Christmas Concert. Who are the mopsqueezers? Maybe I'll actually remember to take pictures at their next concert. I know you're dying to know.
In one of the smallest Krochet Kids hats in existence.

Just posing around the house.
Merry Christmas from the Hook home!! Isn't this just the best time of year:)?
8 comments:
Seriously, she could not be any cuter!! What a gorgeous, darling, squeezably-cute daughter God's given you!! Great shots --- all of 'em & I love how much you love tradition. :) You guys enjoy life in such a fantastic way; it's contageous -- you can't help but want to have that kind of joy you guys do, just by being around you! :) Lots of love. Oh, and about the Santa pics. I am sooo with you. I think we should solicit my dear Dad, aka, Chinese Santa, to let the kiddies pose with him next year. I believe we might even have a Santa suit in the fam. ;)
How fun, I think you guys should make it an annual tradition to stay at the davenport at christmas!! And by the way, our church does Santa pictures yearly! And I think Southside Christian does too (or they used to) as an outreach :) Less lines and cheaper pic's!! Have a great Christmas!!
okay, i LOVE clara's red and white outfit in the first set of pictures! so cute.:) AND, i am so in for finding someone to dress up as santa for our kiddos next year. although, i don't know if jonathan would be able to fool andrew. we may have to get some else! ;)
Adorable! So if you're looking for a cheap Santa I suggest doing breakfast with Santa next year at The Nazarene church on Country Homes. My mother in law always finds a bfast with Santa for the whole fam to do together and this year was by far the best! It cost $4 per person and we each got a pancake/eggs/sausage/OJ meal, the kids got pics with santa, faces painted, stuffed animals, and the Christmas story read to them! It was wonderful, the kids had a blast, and we have a nice picture with a not so scary santa. Plus all the money raised goes to the youth program at the church. So even if you have a large family and the cost adds up at least you know it's for a good cause.
I couldn't believe how much pictures were either! We spent $27. Such a ripoff. It was fun to see you guys. I love Clara's outfit!
I should have told you! Our church has Santa pictures every year! Next year we can go together.
Love me niece; she is so cute!
Can you send me your address please ? =)
dear amy,
thanks so much for the surprise comment on my blog! it for some reason doesnt notify me when people comment, so i just have to manually check every so often. so, sorry if it was forever ago! :) it feels so good to hear that you can relate--it felt like a very lonely process during which i felt literally crazy multiple times. but the good news is that the Lord has provided even though i am still looking for another job and we are figuring this crazy mess out. anyway clara is getting SO BIG and so expressive! ha! i love her sweet little poses, she is simply adorable! it feels like it wasn't that long ago since she was a little 2 week old bundle at the elk...
hope you're well and by the way, are you teaching this year?
Post a Comment