
I have known five Kimberlys in my life. I have liked all of them. One I've known forever, one I met in college, two were fellow teachers in Colorado, and one I just recently met. I have good luck with Kims. If you are a mean Kimberly, I don't want to meet you because I don't want to break my record ;).
It's not surprising, then, that I like the city of Kimberley too (slightly different spelling, same great connection). Ha! Okay, in all seriousness, Kimberley, BC is a great place. I'm convinced that us Washingtonians do not take advantage of all that Canada has to offer enough. Most of us Spokanites especially take the trek to the coast/Seattle much more than we ever venture north. Now it is a bit harder, I know, since traveling to Canada requires a passport. Still, it is well worth it! It is beautiful and there are so many great places to explore without breaking the bank.






The past long weekend we went with both our families to spend the weekend in Canada. The seven of us stayed in a beautiful condo together and ate well, xc skied, snow-shoed and relaxed. Yeah for family! And yes, to answer your question (I know you're wondering), we did go with both families. One of the strange things about the Amy/Jono relationship is that as we started getting to know each other (in high school), so did our families. They immediately hit it off. It's not that surprising, really. We were raised very similarly, and our parents have about a million things in common. At first it was weird...I think our parents went on their first vacation together (without us) when we were engaged. Since then they've been to Hawaii together (again, without us) and spend lots of time together. We're very thankful that they love each other :). It makes things pretty easy. and fun.
7 comments:
Beautiful pics!! Especially the last scenic shot -- AMAZING! Also, I just have to say how amazing it is that your families get along like that... you are lucky. Fitting in both families is something we constantly struggle with, but it always gives me hope when I hear stories like yours. :)
okay, neal and i NEED to go to canada. i still can't believe i have never been. the place you guys were at looks so nice.:) and i LOVE the pic of clara with both grampas!:)
Love it! Love the shot of the girlie and her grampies!
Ahhh, you are right about how seldom we take advantage of venturing North vs. West. BC (and many parts of Canada for that matter) are gorgeous! Love your pics & that lost shot in particular is like calendar-worthy!! Beautiful! How cute is that pic of Clara with the Gramps?! Super cute... :) Love you guys!!
P.S. So did you have to get Clara a passport too? What's acceptable for little ones?
Ahhh yes Canada is great!!! Look at what kind of wonderful things/people come from canada ;) I'm glad you guys had such a great time! Having "in-laws" that love each other is such a great thing! Dan's folks have taken a few trips up to CANADA to visit my folks!! I'm serious about all of us friends going up together one time :)
Love your post; I had a feeling it was coming so I have been waiting for it! Sorry we missed out this year!
I also think Kim is a great name. :) And our in-laws get along great, too. It's such a blessing. Clara's a cutie. Maybe this month she and Haylee will actually be in the nursery together. :)
Post a Comment