Monday, May 3, 2010

Bloomsday 2010

Last year on Bloomsday I was pushing a baby into the world. This year I pushed up doomsday hill instead. I have to say, the weirdest part about this year's race was thinking that it's a warm-up for our half-marathon. A few months ago it would've been the longest distance I had run. Not so this year. I just couldn't let myself think about the fact that I'll be running nearly twice the distance in less than two weeks. Scary. Still, it felt pretty good. Carly & I went at a nice, steady pace.

Jono ran too. Just at a slightly different speed. Carly and I ran the race (w/ a potty stop midway) in 1 hour 21 minutes & 22 seconds. Jonathan ran it in 50 minutes & 27 seconds. I could run at my husband's pace for probably about 400 yards. On a good day.

While we sweat it out on the course, our little lady was paraded through the streets of downtown by her papa. I'm pretty sure she had the time of her life...

1 comment:

carly said...

hooray for a bloomsday post! love the pics! and loved that we ran together. next year?:)