I don't want to forget these days around our home. Clara is full of so much energy and life. I've said it before, but now would be another nice time to push the pause button on life. She's sleeping well, eating well, and loving pretty much every part of her day. It's funny how the mood surrounding cold, dark & gloomy days has almost no affect on little ones. Having this little girl around is a constant reminder of the joy and excitement to be found in all the little things.
I think it was at about the nine month mark that I predicted her future personality. Yes, it was something about easy-going, care free, observant and happy. I'm not too sure I got it right. At all. She's still quite happy and she likes observing the world around her. But she has a serious amount of spice. The first words that come to mind describing the Nator these days are: easily excitable, silly, wild, and social.

Here are few of the latest Clara happenings...
*Pajama removal skills. We have been duct taping the top of her PJs since she is a professional Houdini these days. Last week we went in to check on her before going to bed and found her naked, on her tummy sleeping. She had removed her footy pajamas entirely, as well as her diaper. And yes, I certainly had to do bedding laundry the following day.
*The little lady is very interested in the potty. And no, I am not ready for it. She's been asking to "try it" on a daily basis for weeks now. It's pretty hit or miss - but I'm liking the fact that I have about one less poopy diaper per day to change. I'll just add "potty excitement" to the long list of things I never anticipated being quite so entertaining about motherhood.
*She sings! Well, in her own little way, at least. Favorite songs include: Skip to my Lou, the ABC's, Mr. Sun, Tinkle Tinkle Little Star, The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, Happy Birthday and (of course) her very favorite: Jingle Bells. How do you explain to a twenty month old that certain songs are only to be sung one month out of the year?
*She has become quite the little side-kick. Her favorite ways to "help, mommy" include mixing, dusting, sweeping, and washing dishes, among many other tasks. She scoots her little stool all over the kitchen so she can "watch mommy" doing all these important things. I still do not understand how she can stand for ten minutes straight next to the sink, on her little stool, as I explain for the hundredth time how I use the brush and bubbles to clean the plates and spoons. Maybe someday her toys will have more of an appeal?
*Books + elmo have become serious obsessions. It's a bad combination. We bought her a four-pack of elmo books for Christmas and it was a serious mistake. Of all her lovely books (it's my one area of weekness, surprise surprise), she chooses her elmo books over and over again. And they're not the least bit interesting or well-written. We've taken to hiding them at night, just before reading, and then sticking them in her crib to occupy her in the morning. Total parental manipulation, I know. I think the end (sanity) definitely justifies the means.
I haven't taken too many pictures of the little munchkin lately. I snapped this one today as she sat on daddy's lap, watching an elmo video on youtube (P.S. I am officially trying to teach Clara the dance moves shown in this video). This picture confirms what I hear over and over and over about how Clara looks exactly like Jono. And I don't deny it. But I think I may be in there somewhere, just waiting to emerge. Only time will tell.

2 comments:
I love seeing a glimpse into your home and Clara's personality. It's fun to see how our kids' personalities develop and grow. I love reading your posts about motherhood--you have a great way of writing about it. :)
Oh...I soooo remember the duct tape days. We did that with Caleb and then with Summer. Only with Summer we had to put socks on her hands and tape them to a long sleeve sleep shirt. She would get the tiniest of bumps, or sores and pick them when she went to bed until they were monstrous in size!! Desperate times call for desperate measures!!
Post a Comment