I sometimes forget just how crazy it was that I got married at twenty. I mean, I am still head over heels for my husband. And I can hardly remember life without him. But the conversation about how long you have been married just doesn't come up every day, so I don't think about it often. For some reason it has come up a few times - with various random people - in the last week or so. And I've been reminded afresh that it both was a) kind of crazy, yet b) made total sense at the time and c) is the best decision I have ever made. Maybe I wouldn't recommend it for my brother (who is turning twenty in August), but for me it was beyond fabulous.
I am married to my best friend. My strongest ally. Someone who loves so many of the same things I love but has his own list of passions and interests. Someone who loves the Lord - and people well. Who is really good at what he does...and a long list of miscellaneous other things too. He is wise. He is kind. He is compassionate. He is a great dad. And he gives really great massages. I am one blessed woman!
We celebrated our anniversary in Spokane this year - for the first time in about six years. We're usually at the lake, like last year. So we enjoyed a dinner out at a fabulous place downtown and then headed up to a venue down the street for some live music, decaf, and delicious dessert. It was the perfect summer night, spent with the man I love.
And we just had to take a picture of our plates. Jono even boasted that his goat cheese stuffed chicken over cheddar grits with asparagus and prosciutto would make his top five meals of all-time. My Alaskan salmon wasn't too bad either. Yum.
7 comments:
Booyah!! Happy Anniversary!! I'm with you on getting married young...12 year for us this weekend, which means 12 years ago you saw Jono singing in our wedding ;) I would recognize that wild sage chicken anywhere, YUM!!!
You guys are the cutest!
happy anniversary!! so glad you guys got to try out wild sage! we love you guys. :)
Happy Anniversary you two! :) What a cute pic of you guys!!...and your date to celebrate sounds incredibly perfect! :) Love you!
Well, I was wondering where you guys had those fabulous dishes, but saw on Carly's comment it was Wild Sage. We'll have to pay a visit there. :) Congratulations on 8 years! It's fun how marriage just keeps getting better. Your ninth year will be a memory-packed one, for sure. ;)
Also, are you even pregnant? You look so great and like you're barely showing. :)
Happy Anniversary, Amy!!
Post a Comment