On the first Saturday of October, Jono got to place a check mark next to an item on his bucket list: skydiving. Our friend Neal turns thirty in the next month and to celebrate, Carly surprised him with a trip skydiving. Even though it wasn't Jono's birthday, of course he had to join the action - along with Dan, Chris, and Kyle.
I must admit, I was a little nervous about the whole thing. My sister reminded me that it was more likely that Jono would get killed in the car driving to sky dive than jumping from a plane. But still. It was jumping from a plane, which is a bit scary sounding to say the least. And now would not be the most optimal time to lose a husband (as if there's a time what would be - now would be pretty darn bad, though). The boys opted for tandem rides so they were all strapped to instructors. That was somewhat comforting, at least.
And of course they all loved it. Jono says he wants to go again. My response? Ha! A bucket list item is a one time thing. That, or I said he must think of an equivalent for me. Like a spa weekend away. A shopping spree. A special trip to visit my sister. In other words, we probably won't be revisiting skydiving for a while ;).
But it was a blast - even for us "just watchers"! I'm so glad they all enjoyed it. Happy 30th Neal!
Enjoying our coffee as the boys went through training.
Watch out, world. Here goes Jono!

The plane...
It's Neal (can't you tell?)!
And Jono...

And all the boys. Victory!

1 comment:
This is so dang rad!!! I love all the pics you posted & Carly, too! How fun! And that pic of Jonathan in gear - is hysterically awesome!!!! :) :) Oh Amy, you make me feel so much better - I totally hear ya about worrying about the "risks" for certain adventures our hubbies have on their lists. ;) But, we have to keep trusting God with our husbands and children, and I am so stoked you all had such a stellar success & perfect weather! :) Have I mentioned that we really miss you guys? Hugs, hugs, hugs!! Love you all!!
Post a Comment