Clara's first day couldn't have gone better. She was nearly beside herself with excitement. She wanted to wear a dress, to have her hair braided, and to wear that giraffe backpack from the moment she woke up, before seven am.
There were no tears from her when we dropped her off. Just hugs and kisses. When we picked her up she was all smiles. She loved school and she loved her teacher.
It was mama that had the problem. As excited as I am about school, Clara just felt so big today. It was all I could do to get out of that building before I burst into tears. How is it that these three and a half years have gone by so fast? I swear to you I was just disguising her green beans with applesauce and teaching her animal sounds. When did she become such a big, independent girl?!
I'm sure this is how life will feel always with kids. You celebrate each milestone. And then you mourn each milestone. I'm probably in the 70/30 split right now. Mostly celebrating. I know I'm choosing preschool. And I'm so happy about it, really ;).
And the Claranator is 100% happy about it. That certainly helps!


1 comment:
That teacher looks too serious!
Glad she had a great first day!
many more to come!!!
Post a Comment