Friday, October 19, 2012

The Room

Just ten months after Caleb was born, we officially (okay, I officially) finished the kids shared bedroom. The joys of a) being surprised about the sex of baby #2 and b) having a teeny tiny (and wonderful) two bedroom home is that we got to transform the yellow and pink Clara room into a girl/boy combo room.

I picked out a blue/green/yellow floral print with a matching-ish blue/green/yellow polka-dot print as inspiration. My mom (bless her heart) busted out reversible curtains and a toddler duvet, as well as a crib skirt. From there I (finally) got around to re-creating Clara's bow sign (in white/blue), creating a new photo board (also in blues), making blue pom-poms and creating animal silhouette prints. Whew! We added a few other blue accessories and the room is now finally complete. 

Sometimes projects seem to linger between the "I have this great idea" and "project completed" stage. I am happy to say that C & C's bedroom is now officially done
Clara's corner
The Lubster's corner
Changing table + dresser
And we will enjoy this to the maximum before we find ourselves in the next transition (bunk beds, twin & toddler bed, sibling birth, ya know - any of those possibilities) ;)

No comments: