Each year when Mother's Day rolls around, I am reminded afresh the magnitude of this thing I spend all day, every day doing. Sometimes I try and remember what life was like before little ones came and spun everything on its head - but I really cannot. I know people said this to me before Clara entered the world five years ago. You will not be able to remember what life was like before kids. And the sad (or is it good?) reality is, it's true. I mean, I can go back and read the archives of this blog and remember some of the things I did before kids. But I can hardly remember the feeling of only being in charge of myself.
And as much as I sometimes long for a day (or two or three), when I might just disappear to some tropical vacation spot and just lay on the beach and worry about my tan line or my book or what delicious meal or drink I might consume next - I truly wouldn't have it any other way. I am so thankful that I am in charge of three little people. And most of the time I am okay not remembering what it was like before.
Even in this challenging, consuming, exhausting season with two littles and a newborn, I am thankful for the gift of Motherhood.
| Our day this year was simple: BBQ on the back patio |
| And a few jammie snuggles before bed |
1 comment:
Love the snuggles pic!!!
Post a Comment