Life is very “chill” here. “Fiji time” is what locals refer to the tendency everyone has towards being at least fifteen minutes late. We have certainly been enjoying the change of pace. We’ve both spent more time in the last few days reading and relaxing than we have during the entire time we spent in Frisco. I finished The Kite Runner (thanks, Aunt Gayle) and am now midway through The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (thanks, Janie). Jonathan has been glued to his new Mechanical Shoulder Disorders book. Right now he has busted into his second “best seller”, Orthopaedic Clinical Examination: An Evidenced-Based Approach for Physical Therapists. Sounds great, huh?
In addition to reading to our hearts content, we’ve been able to snorkel a couple of times (we go straight out from the Beachouse to the coral reef). We’ve also taken the sea kayaks for a few whirls. Each afternoon we have 4:00 tea & scones followed by an intense few hours of volleyball. I, of course, have loved this (as has Jonathan). There are absolutely no rules. Kind of like the “Fiji time”, there is “Fiji volleyball”. You can hang all over the net if you want to, swat the ball with open hands, and you’ll never hear the “tweet” of a whistle. This has obviously taken some getting used to, but what can you do? I’ve just enjoyed the chance to touch a volleyball. And there is nothing quite like a volleyball court with the ocean as the backdrop!
8 comments:
wow! i just had so much fun reading your posts! i can't believe you guys have already done so much!!! neal is going to get on and read the posts next! we love you guys and can't wait to see more pictures.:)
Wow...sounds like you guys are having a great time...and I love that you are still sporting Whitworth Volleyball t's. Anyways...sorry I missed talking to you before you left. But will definitely keep in touch via e-mail. I was also so excited to hear the big news about Jonathans job. I am jealous!! Love you both.
Katy
Amy,
It is so great to read about your latest adventures! It sounds like I would have no trouble at all adjusting to "Fiji Time". I bet all your unintentional practice with me this year helped you prepare for that :) "Fiji volleyball" sounds like an amazing time! I have to get to coaching volleyball, not as much fun but close. My team won our first tournament, it was so exciting! It is fun to coach a winning team, even early in the season. School and coaching is not the same without you! Looks like you and Jonathan are having the time of your lives! Miss you!
Thank you so much for blogging about your experiences. As it will be many years before Phil and I get to travel to places like this, it is fun to experience them through you. Have fun and keep on blogging and posting pictures. Love you guys!
Hi Amy and Jonathan! This is Katie and Aunt Gayle! We were just enjoying your pictures together on a snowy Evergreen afternoon where the high was 19 degrees, not counting windchill. It is not the same around here without you! I need a bit of your energy and enthusiasm. The kids seem to be adjusting well. I know they wrote you yesterday, Ava was really excited. Gayle and I went to yoga together on Wednesday and we missed you! Enjoy your wonderful experience!! Can't wait to see Australia photos!
Amazing. It is so great to hear about your adventures....especially that you both get a little rest and relaxation time. We're praying for you as you continue your journey (and also praying for a fast Skype connection). I miss talking with you! We love you so much!
leah
I can feel the warmth of the sun from your photos! It's just what we need here on this cold cold icy night in the Northwest. I am so glad you slowed way down and enjoyed some great adventures too! We are anxious to talk to you on skpe, and see how the Lord has provided for you in the area of housing and a job! You are constantly in my prayers.
Love Mom
i like the new pictures you added! :)
Post a Comment