Here is the view of the dining area and living room...
The kitchen: glorious isn't it!?
The living room (yes, they have a Play Station = trouble)
I whipped up a little first night at the new place "celebration meal". I have been on this huge domestic kick here. I am developing this new love of different kinds of food, and I spend way too much time looking at recipes in cookbooks and online. This meal wasn't particularly new, although I did try the bruschetta for the first time and the dessert. Just for fun, here's the meal with the recipes. The shrimp orzo salad especially is my favorite!!! The table...
Here is the salad recipe. It's from Gold N' Delicious, the Spokane Junior League Cookbook that happens to be my favorite (thanks to my wonderful mother):)
Salad:
1 lb. shrimp, cooked & peeled
3/4 c. cooked orzo, chilled
3 1/2 oz. feta cheese
12 kalamata olives (optional)
2 green onions, sliced
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
Dressing:
3 T. fresh dill (or 1 T. dried)
1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. olive oil
3 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 T. red wine vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Wisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Chill & serve for a perfect summertime meal (or anytime, really). It's great for a picnic or a Rocky's game! A close up of the finished product:
4 roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
1 c. fresh basil, shredded
1/4 c. olive oil (or a bit less)
1 T. red wine vinegar
salt & pepper
1 baguette loaf
2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half for rubbing on baguette
Combine tomatoes through salt & pepper and let stand at room temperature for 30-40 minutes. Turn on oven broiler and slice baguette diagonally into 1/2" pieces. Broil until tops are toasty and remove from oven. Brush the top of each slice with olive oil and run with garlic clove. Top with tomato mixture and serve. Delicious! Here's the finished product:
Here is the easy lemon cheesecake recipe:
250 g. sweet biscuit crumbs (hmmm...in the US I'd use graham cracker crumbs, 1.5 cups maybe)
125 g or 1/2 cup butter, melted
250 g. cream cheese (8oz)
can sweetened condensed milk
2 t. grated lemon rind
80 ml lemon juice
1 t. gelatine powder
1 T. water
Combine crumbs & butter and press into the bottom of a pie plate. Beat cream cheese, condensed milk and lemon until smooth. Dissolve gelatine powder in water and add to mixture. Pour over pie crust and refridgerate. Pretty much the easiest recipe ever, huh!?
Raspberry Sauce:
50 g (or about 1/4 c) butter
1/3 c. sugar
3/4 t. cinnamon
300 g. raspberries (I used a frozen bag)
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Add raspberries and stir gently for 1-2 minutes.
Okay, after spending far too long doing this, I realized that this is an "adventures of the hooks" blog about our time in Australia, not a "recipes with Amy" blog. Sorry about that:). Like I said, I'm just on this cooking/baking kick over here...
5 comments:
I like the idea of an Amy;s cooking blog...cause if you think it is good, then I know it is great. Glad to hear the new home and church are treating you well. Miss you both.
katy
aims, you are turning into quite the chef! i am quite impressed. thanks for putting up the pics of your new home! i bet it feels huge to you guys.:) miss you!
Love the recipes. . .keep them coming! I'm so impressed. The home looks great. The church sounds like a HUGE blessing. Saw your little sis at Albertsons. She is darling and I love seeeing her and her husband at church too. I remember when we were young and cute:)
Darcy McMurray
I love your new place! I am so glad things have worked out so well. Isn't God good to us?! Thanks for some of the recipes. I might have to try the salad out this week!
Just wanted to let you know that I tried your scones out last weekend and they were wonderful!! Eddie said they were everything a scone should be! We are so happy about your new living situation. Eddie and I laughed and laughed at Jonathan's goofy pictures with his googles and surf board. We miss you guys a lot!
Can't wait to here more adventures.
Post a Comment