Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


We celebrated Jonathan's first father's day this morning as a family of three. Per daddy's request we went on a long family hike. We stopped for coffee and breakfast at the Rocket before heading out to Liberty Lake. It was a pretty cool morning which was nice since the hike was mostly uphill. Now that Clara has entered the hiking scene, I have inherited the job of backpack carrier (our pack seems to be heavier these days now that we're carrying burp clothes, diapers, wipes, and nursing covers among other things like cameras and water bottles). It was quite the six mile trek and definitely a workout! Clara was a trooper and slept for most of it as she snuggled up with dad.
Since it was a pretty long journey, we definitely had to fit Clara's feeding in during the hike. I found a nice little log and it wasn't too bad at all (slightly better than the bathroom stall I nursed in on Friday night).

We followed a stream most of the way and ended up at a nice little waterfall. It was a lovely outing and a great way to celebrate our new daddy!
We also celebrated our dads this weekend with an outing to a country ranch/bbq on Friday night and a bbq meal this afternoon. We are so thankful for our fathers. They are both such amazing dads and we are so incredibly blessed to have them in our lives. What a gift that they are close and will get to be a part of Clara's life as well!

One more picture - as I sit here writing this blog, I am listening to Jonathan read his new book he received for father's day to Clara. I don't think she's too interested in the book quite yet, but she is most certainly interested in the one reading it!

3 comments:

Libby said...

gotta love those random nursing spots! i have done the bathroom stall a few times but i have to say i haven't nursed while sitting on a log! what a fun family activity- the hiking i mean : ).

The Boggs Family said...

Too cute! And props to you for being up for a 6 mile uphill trek just 2 months after giving birth! You rock! :) Jonathan is such a phenominal Daddy... I just love how you both have loved parenthood in such a cherished way & are amazing at it! Truly. Clara is super blessed - and I know you feel the same about her. :) Love the pics! And smiled big time at that last one of Jonathan reading to her and Clara more interested in him. Looks like she already thinks her Daddy hung the moon! :) Love you guys - thanks so much too for your message last night, I'll call you today! :) Love you & Happy Father's day to Jonnycakes!

the tampiens said...

Such a sweet post! I can only imagine how great of a dad Jonathan is!! How fun to celebrate his first Father's Day! :)