Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Trip to Priest Lake

I know I've probably mentioned about 5,000 times that my favorite place in the world is Priest Lake. It is my favorite place for so many reasons. It's incredibly beautiful. It's peaceful and quiet. All of the pressures and stresses of life seem so far away while you're there. There are endless opportunities for adventure. You can spend the entire day on the beach reading a good book and feel no guilt about it.

I've been going to Priest since I was about five and a few years ago my parents bought a place up there. It holds many special moments. It was the place where Jonathan & my "defining" moment happened (when he left for Central and we talked about our long-distance dating future). It holds about a million family memories. It was the place where Jonathan popped the question. It's where my sister, Leah, got married to Travis (pictured below). It is likely the place where Clara came into existence. Ha! Okay, it's special for many reasons:).
We were so excited to get up to Priest for the first time since Clara's birth on Wednesday night this past week. We're trying to make the most of Jonathan's Thursdays off each week. Thanks to our abnormally warm June days, we were even able to spend lots of time down on the beach in the sunshine! We enjoyed a nice hike and lots of reading/nap time. We're hoping that Clara loves the lake as much as we do. I guess she really doesn't have a choice:)! Sadly, we didn't capture of a picture of her on the beach for the first time. Here are a few of our time there, nonetheless..



6 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

So glad you could get away & enjoy the lake! Your parents' view up there is incredible... holy cow!!! Clara seriously could not be more beautiful, what a precious little gift she is - miss you guys, love you, think of you all the time & are praying for you daily!! Love you...

carly said...

man, that makes me want to go up there so bad!! love the new pic of clara. :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your family having a place up there. We LOVE going up to Priest and camping. Our dream is to someday own up there. If you ever need buddies and friends for Clara to play up there with, give us a call.

The Chases said...

Gosh, your little Claira is gorgeous!! I love how you three are such go getters and doing all this exploring! We won't be in town for a while but we'll for sure call and let you know when we do. It would be great to see you guys and meet the baby. I think the weekend we were in town was when you were in labor=)

Dan and Shell said...

Amy, I love, love, love your new blog look!! Good job! We've enjoyed a few times at the Vaughn family cabin ourselves!! Can't wait to go up to preist in July!!

leahandtravishartanov said...

nice Aim. Looks like you're blog got a face lift. Maybe mine will too after I finish with the hooligans. Looking forward to many days at Priest this summer!