Sunday, August 9, 2009

First REAL Date


We have left Clara a handful of times with family and friends. We've gone to coffee together and to dinner. We've run random errands or gone for runs at the lake. On several of these outings we have even left bottles just in case. On Friday night, though, we went on our first long date. We had dinner downtown and then went to the Fray concert.

It was all great until...we found out she was refusing the bottle. This was even after multiple "practice rounds" this week that all went perfectly. After reading a text from Jonathan's parents that she wasn't eating, we left the concert after the Fray had played two songs, ran frantically through the streets of Spokane to our car, and started heading up the south hill. I had visions of her screaming her head off and dying of hunger:)...Only then did we actually talk to Jonathan's parents and find out she was just fine (having consumed only one ounce - but she was content). So we turned around, sprinted (I'm not exaggerating) back and found out we had only missed three songs. Besides the fact that I was sweating profusely, everything turned out just fine. It may not have been the most relaxing night, but it was still very enjoyable - and definitely memorable:). Lesson learned: double-check before overreacting.
Here are a few pics I love from this past week. How can you really be too upset when you're coming home to this little face?

8 comments:

Goforth said...

You guys were so close at the concert!!!! How fun! Also, LOVE the pics of Clara Belle :)

carly said...

love the new pics, especially the first face. i love that face!:) can't wait to see her tomorrow. :)

the tampiens said...

So glad you guys got a night out together -- and a classic memory at that! :) I love those pics of Clara!! She is such a doll!

Dan and Shell said...

She is just a doll!! Feel free to leave her here if you need a babysitter...I'm so far out from the baby times, I would love to cuddle her... crying and all!! Fun to see you at the wedding!

Patrick and Kimberly Gillette said...

You are too funny! Thanks for the advice, and your little Clara is just so precious!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous that she leaves those adorable bows on her head. I wish Grace would leave stuff on so I could dress her up more. Enjoy it! I laughed when I read your experience. Don't we moms always jump to the worst conclusions first!

Rhiannon said...

The Fray!! NICE!! I love the top you wore!! Clara is getting so big!! Funny, I did the same thing the first time I left Steven for a good length of time. I am pretty sure the speed limit meant nothing right about then! :)

McMurrays said...

Love this story! She is getting so big! Hope to see you all at church soon. .