Sunday, September 27, 2009

My life...

So...you may know this (or have inferred), but I am taking the year off from teaching. It was a hard decision to make. Sort of.

I really do love teaching. It is something I'm passionate about and it is a place where I feel like my strengths/gifts are used. I just don't think I am one of the special people who can be a great teacher, a great mom, and a great wife at the same time...for now, at least. Or maybe I could if I really wanted to and I just don't want to. I feel extremely blessed that I don't have to.

For now I am loving life as a stay at home mom and part-time JV volleyball coach. It is the best. I get to spend most of the day with my little lady and then I hand her off to Mema (my mom), Nana (mom-in-law) or Jono and spend a few hours in the gym with 12 high school girls coaching the game I love. It is a pretty good situation, I think.

Here is my little mascot. She's been fed in between JV and Varsity games in six gymnasiums already and can fall asleep even when the fans are going wild:). The girls love her tiger outfits and I do too!!

4 comments:

The Pughs said...

Awwww so cute. I love how many gyms you've fed her in! How funny :) I am definitely starting to experience the same thing! Maby not gyms... more like parking lots lol. I love that you said Tiger "outfits" too. How many does she have? Cade definitely does NOT have a Highlander outfit or bagpipes or anything like that!

the tampiens said...

She is the cutest mascot EVER! I'm sure you've already figured it out, but my sister-in-law is on your JV team -- Joelle! I am trying my hardest to make it to a game, so hopefully I'll see you soon. :)

The Boggs Family said...

Amy - seriously, she could not be any cuter! I am in love with her and adore all the sweet pics you post!! (And p.s. what a great shot of you two together to remember this first season coaching with her there to cheer you on!) :) Nice work on figuring out a schedule for her that would work with yours. I love that you get to be home this year... though reading between the lines, I am wondering if you are already contemplating/praying about not staying home next year??? I'm selfishly hoping you get to be home full time & will be carrying a sibling for Clara by then! :) :) Love you & am so glad you are enjoying life and all the joys this season God has you in. You have a contageous joy, gratitude, and humility that I love. Miss you!!

Katie said...

Oh how I wish that was a Cougar outfit Clara was in! I miss coaching with you so much! I love this picture and I am so glad you are still coaching. You are a great coach and I am blessed to have at least had one season with you:)