Monday, January 4, 2010

Family XC Skiing

Yesterday was our debut family cross country ski trek. We'd been looking forward to this day since we purchased the burley bike/xc trailer in October. Sunday afternoon we finally had our first opportunity to head to the mountain. The whole excursion took a bit more planning/packing than previous trips, but that is just life with a little one. Thankfully, Clara was a champ! I knew I would be a little nervous about her temperature, but she was just fine. She slept for almost the entire trip and when she wasn't sleeping, she was "talking" (if you've been around Clara, you know she talks a lot).

As we were skiing, I just kept thinking about the fact that you can't choose the family you're born into. Poor Clara doesn't really get a choice - she's going to go on lots of family treks/adventures. I'm just hoping that she'll love them as much as we do and won't hate us for it later :)!

Waiting for daddy to put together the trailer (in the warmth of the ski lodge)


Clara's excited - little does she know what's in store

All put together - a success!


Let's just say it takes a little bit more coordination to ski with one of these things. Not only that, but going up hills is a real challenge! Thankfully, Jono pulled it almost the entire time.

6 comments:

the tampiens said...

That looks like a super hard workout!! I'm definitely impressed! :)

Erin said...

Clara is pretty much out of control cute, and I LOVE the way you've welcomed her into your family by bringing her on your adventures. I'd say she's a really lucky duck.

McMurrays said...

you are the coolest family ever!! so fun. . i love getting to see all of your adventures!

The Boggs Family said...

That is so dang sweet, you guys! Love all your adventures & echo Darcy's comment. Clara is massively blessed to be born into a family of adventure with the energy to go & do & see the world around her! Ken & I were just looking at these pics & Ken was going, "Oh that is SO awesome!!" So, truth be told? Would you rather pull her in the burley, or have her on your back in a pack? Love you guys & we're looking forward to catching up soon! :)

amcdivitt said...

Victory...cross country skiing as a family! I know Clara is going to embrace the Hook "adventure" family. I got to x-country ski in Montana and I was thinking of you...it was -4.

Julie said...

Wow...amazing. I have a feeling Clara will never be lacking adventure in her life!!