I have been considering selling bows for some time now. I have gone back and forth and back and forth and back and forth about the decision. On one hand, I have the supplies (a bit of an investment getting started), and I have more time & energy than I would if I were working outside the home. On the other hand, my bows are far from completely original (many people make bows and are far more talented than I am!) and I've never imagined that I'd really have a business like this. But, I have been encouraged by a few friends to just "go for it". So I am.
I have officially started a bow blog. I have just one post. It may stay that way for a long time. Of course the Claranator has about 500 bows. Or more like 60. I can't sell that many yet. It's way too overwhelming. So I have just a few options. We'll see where this goes. Here is my new blog:
Highly original, I know. I had the use the "Hook" yet again. I always said I married into a good name. It worked out well for me as a teacher in my pirate-themed classroom. It's one of the advantages of having a last name that is a noun and a verb! I really couldn't have done much with Vaughn :).
So there you have it! If you have a little girl in your life who may need a bow or two, you now have a source (if you didn't already:)).
And just for fun, a tribute to the bow queen herself. I am sad to say the headband stage may have officially left us (for a while, at least). It takes her about -2 seconds to wrip headbands off her head. The "directly in the hair" approach has been much more successful as of late :)!
The progression of bows since birth...





Wow. That's a lot of pictures ;). Kind of a "10 month review" of the little lady's life!
7 comments:
To tell you the truth, my heart hurts a little bit right now. I miss you and my little niece so much and seeing all of those beautiful pictures......love love love you and her. give her a big kiss for me.
Nice bows!!!!
Good for you! It's nice to see you sharing your talents via this new business! :)
oh my gosh, i cant believe how much she has changed! it was fun to look at the old pics. my favorite bow is the turqoise one.:)
Soooo cute! She is such a little sweetheart. Holy moley, Amy - I had no idea you had made that many bows for Clara! :) I think it's awesome you're starting a business doing it --- rock on!!! :) If our next baby is a girl, we'll place an order for sure. :)
Love you so much & can't thank you enough for the sweet care package from you & Carly last night. I think Ken & I have both devoured almost a quarter of the pb/choc bars already & opened a number of the snack boxes. Chalk that up to the midnight munchies & the aftermath of a fast before surgery to have no self control. hahah. You guys are amazing and we have been sooo blessed by your love & prayer and encouragement. Hugs!!
Love it! Good for you! It was fun looking back at all the pictures of her in the bows. You can see how much she has changed. So cute!
Amy...Great idea. I'm glad you are "going for it"!! I must admit, I don't think I've seen a picture of Clara without a bow!! Love the pictures!! I'll head over to your new site and check it out!
Hi Amy...thanks so much for the cute little felt flower clip!(is that how you spell felt?) It is so cute. I like how you didn't wrap the clip with ribbon the whole way. A few that I have bought for Summer are completly wrapped and they don't stay in nearly as good. I usually have to cut part of the ribbon off! Anway, very cute. Luke even wore it for awhile. He would make a very "cute" girl! Are you selling the felt clips too?
Post a Comment