
This was the second year that father's day has involved celebrating Jonathan as well as our dads. And it was Jonathan's request that we get away to Priest Lake for some of the weekend. Now I vow that I will not post about Priest Lake 500 times this summer. But I guess that will be challenging to do since we have quite a few plans this summer that involve the place. So maybe you'll see more pictures, but I won't go on and on and on about it. You already know how I feel. If you don't, you can reference one of these posts...one, two, three from last summer.
So the three of us spent two nights at the lake. It was the perfect combination of relaxation & activity. We had scones & eggs for breakfast on Saturday, read in our swimsuits on the deck of the cabin as Clara napped in the morning, went on a long hike and had lunch, napped on the deck in our swimsuits as Clara took her afternoon nap, played on the beach in the afternoon, enjoyed a salmon dinner, and had Tamrack ice cream for dessert. I'm pretty sure any combination of food, naps, books, adventure, sunshine, and ice cream make for a great day as far as I'm concerned.
Clara could not get enough of the water...
Trying to push away from her dad so she could get more of the water:
The hike...

Playing in the grass...
Time for swimming!


One of the best parts was that the TV wasn't working, so we turned off our cell phones too and just read, talked and breathed that lovely mountain air. Am I the only one who goes tech-crazy after a while? (as I sit here and compose my blog...) And I finished one of the best books I've read in a long time: Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. So good. I highly recommend it.
On Sunday we woke up to sunshine and had breakfast at Hills to celebrate the Jonnycakes before making the trek back to town.
We got back just in time to watch both our dads perform in a father's day quartet at their church. Now how many people can say that they watched both their dad and their father-in-law sing together in a quartet on father's day? I'm guessing not many ;). Maybe this is the right time to ask the question, how many of your dads were recently inducted to the Spokane Softball Hall of Fame? Nobody?? I am proud to say that my dad was. Pretty impressive, huh? And dad, if you're reading this, I am not making fun of you. I will never make a hall of fame list, in any regard, so I am just jealous.


In all seriousness, I am blessed beyond measure to have a wonderful dad, an amazing second dad (father-in-law), and a great husband who is also the world's best dad to the Claranator. Yeah for dads. And I wonder how many "best in the world" references were made in Father's Day cards across the country? I'm pretty sure it was my go to line each year in all my cards. And I'm pretty sure I used it this year too.
That's enough for now. Happy Father's Day, fathers.
3 comments:
amazing blog
amazing weekend
amazing daughter and husband
and grandaughter.
Sooo blessed am I
Great post aims.
Amy - seriously, I am smiling & rather amazed at what an incredible life/family you have! (Amazed is not the right word... super excited for you!) You have such a refreshing perspective and I love how well your families get along... I love that you & Jonathan enjoy adventures & real rest in the ("...let's turn off our cell phones too..") :) Mountain air & Priest Lake are outta this world!! ... even Brian says out of all the places he's been in the world, it's his favorite too! :) GREAT, great, great pics! As always. Sheesh, I am forever amazed by the shots you guys get! People, places, things.. you name it - you rock! So great to see you the other night at the shower. Lots of love to you!
Post a Comment