This past weekend we went on a thirty-two hour trip to Portland. We've been in the habit of making these quick weekend getaways. Usually we depart right after work on Friday and pull back into our driveway about 8pm Sunday night. It's a bit of a mad dash. Yet it always feels worth it. There is nothing better than time with Everett. And Devin and Larissa too, of course.
We spent lots of time relaxing. Playing music. Letting the cousins play. Napping (me!). Watching D & L's new obsession: Friday Night Lights. I think we are now fans.
We were able to sneak in trips to Ikea and Trader Joes. We went shopping downtown and ate a great food cart dinner. Yum. I'm a huge fan of the whole food cart idea. Fresh pita & hummus, a giant gyro, two pad thais, a steamed hamburger & spicy korean pulled pork. Add a few homemade salty caramel ice cream cones and that is a whole lot of food consumed by the four (well, five) of us. Clara ate everything (minus the pulled pork...a little too spicy). As everyone pointed out, I was pretty much in prego heaven!
It was a great trip. Everett has grown and changed so much since we last saw him. We love you Devin, Larissa, and sweet little Everett!

3 comments:
oh what a fun adventure to portland!
i just had to say that the food cart mecca in your photos is just down the street to my house! i love grabbing a bite down there. food carts are fantastic and everywhere in portland these days.
p.s. you're little girl is so adorable!
We love Portland too! Some of our best friends live there and we head over there quite a bit. And we always always stop at TJ and IKEA too! Wish so badly that we had both of those awesome stores here- then I wouldn't feel the need to obsessively stock-up every time I am near one! :)
FUN time -- oh Amy, I miss you - love reading your blog & at least staying updated via the blogging world, but would definitely love to catch up in person. I think you're about to get a random "drive by" here because I just have to stop in & see you guys!!!! So glad you had a great time in Portland & I 2nd Andi's comments too about loving Portland and the stops at TJ & Ikea -- for sure am right there with ya'll! :) Clara's hair is pure awesomeness--- oh my goodness is she ever darling!! And, how totally adorable is that picture of your nephew with your brother?!! Loved this post, but then again, I love every post you share! :) Love you!!
Post a Comment