Last night as we were coming home from the football game, Jonathan asked me what we had planned for today (Saturday). I said we have absolutely nothing planned. And I wasn't joking. We had nothing on the agenda. Just a few errands that should probably be run. Some chores that were needing to get done. Pretty much nothingness, at its finest. If you know us well, you know that nothingness is not often found on our agenda, much to my dismay. The prospect of this relaxing day was glorious.
So what did we do this day? We slept in. I made delicious pumpkin scones for breakfast. We played in the basement with Clara as Jonathan assembled her new Ikea table & chairs. And then we left for a quick trip to Costco. And at that moment everything about our day of nothingness changed.
It must've been the blue skies calling. Or the colorful leaves in the trees beckoning. Whatever it was, my husband was moved. Today was the day to drive to Thompson Pass through Idaho into Montana.
So what did we do? Race home from Costco. Load our car with the essentials (which have doubled since Clara came into our lives). Call some friends (some of the most spontaneous/adventuresome sort). Leave in ten minutes flat for an eight hour adventure.
The scenic drive was every bit as lovely as our beautiful hike to Revett Lake.



And our wonderful dinner at MacKenzie River Pizza was every bit as great as the drive and the hike.
And the thought of our next day of nothingness (real nothingness this time) may be even better than our drive + hike + dinner.
*Disclaimer: I am mostly joking. I love adventure just about as much as my husband. Almost. And it was a glorious day for a trip. I just want tomorrow to be a day of nothingness instead. And it's not. ;).
3 comments:
Wow. You guys amaze me. I wish we incorporated that same zeal for adventure -- and acted upon it! -- like you guys have so beautifully done. And can I just say too, incredible pictures!!!! Love you so much & want to see you soon, too!!!
P.S. Thanks for the email, Jack is doing better I think.
wow! yes, so much for your day of no plans!:) looks like it was a beautiful day though! love you guys!! see you tonight! :)
Beautiful. Oh you Hooks. Better luck next time (with your relaxing, "nothing planned" day).
Post a Comment