Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Katie Comes to Town

This weekend my dear friend, Katie, came to visit from Colorado. She is one busy woman and she certainly deserved a little getaway. She squeezed it beautifully between her busy high school volleyball season and her club volleyball season. It was such a treat to have her around. She makes everything fun - which was a great trait to have around, given the fact that we had a bit of a random weekend of activities planned. She came along for some family pictures in downtown Spokane. We went on a run around our neighborhood.
We celebrated Mr. Benjamin turning one. We cozied up by the first wood fire in our home (thanks to Jono's two hour determination). We cuddled babies in the church nursery. And went out to eat and to Harry Potter on Sunday with some dear friends (yahoo!).
We drank quite a few lattes (four?). Read many a books to the Claranator. Witnessed her mad food eating abilities. And got to experience the first SNOW together. Let me just say my little one already has a bit of an obsession ("touch" "toUCh" "TOUCH" is chanted every time we walk outside). And it was Katie's brilliant idea to make our own waterproof boots. Genius, I know.
Oh, and it was her idea to make a snow angel. Again, genius.
It was a great weekend. Thanks for making the trip, Katie!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Amy, Jono and Clara,

I had such a fantastic time with you all! Thank you so much for having me! I loved getting the chance to just hang out, make fires (good work Jono), drink lattes (good work Amy) and make snow angels (great work Clara). I loved getting to meet your friends and go to birthday parties and Harry Potter! I hope I get to see you soon! The Claranator will be getting bigger everyday :)
Love you all!!!!!
Katie