It has been one of those weeks. Or maybe months. I guess I could go even further and say it's been one of those years so far. Maybe I'm slightly exaggerating. But still. It's been one of those seasons with lots of highs and lows. Hard things. Good things. Reminders that I am blessed despite the toughness of these days. I suppose this is life. The highs and lows just seem especially extreme these days. Here are just two of them.
Low: Major heart surgery for Jonathan's dad. We are thankful that it's over and he's doing well.
High: Weekend getaway to Red Mountain with our home group from church.
I love these people. Yes, seven couples crammed into two condos for a weekend of skiing, relaxing, and being together. And six kiddos came along too (there would've been seventeen kids if all parents would've brought them along). That might've been a bit crazy. It still felt just slightly nuts. But it was wonderful. Some highlights?
Hot tubbing, for Miss Clara.
Skiing! It's been over three years since I've hit the slopes. I had forgotten how much I love downhill skiing. It was a beautiful day, as you can see.

Eating. Relaxing. Playing games.
Snow shoeing with Jeff & Mel. The day couldn't have been lovelier.
And so it has been and will continue to be, I'm sure. Highs and lows, lows and highs. I'm okay if they get a little less extreme, though.
3 comments:
i love all of the candad pics! now, i am just trying to put names and faces together. good thing there are highs to follow the lows, at least eventually, right?;) love you aim.
oops, this is carly, not neal. and, obviously, i meant canada. ;)
Thank you for your comment on my blog, it really blessed me to know that someone has gone through what we have been going through in the last couple months. Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment