Clara just finished her second set of swim lessons. They're really more like "water experiences" than lessons. She can now kick her feet. Blow bubbles. Jump (or flail) off the side of the pool. Use "scooper arms" to paddle after a toy. And somewhat-willingly be dunked under water. Oh yes, and she has four new songs to add to her growing collection.
She steadily improved each time. Except for her last lesson, actually. I painted her nails for the first time on the eve of her final lesson and it proved to be quite the distraction in the pool. When she momentarily forgot that her nails were painted pink, she did just fine. When she remembered, however, she proceeded to show and tell everyone within earshot about them. Mom mistake number 2,304. Live and learn. But, I have to say, it was better than mistake 876 when I learned the hard way not to feed her cheese before taking her into the pool (see last year). You see, I am improving somewhat.
The nails. And the one shot I managed to get of her in the wading pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment