This year Thanksgiving kind of snuck up on me. I know. It always lands on the fourth Thursday in November. I shouldn't be surprised. It's just I've been a bit preoccupied these last few days/weeks. I will make up for my lack of thankfulness and effort next year. My meal contributions this year consisted of Costco rolls, sparkling cidar, pickles and olives. And I didn't even hang my "thankful sign". Sheesh. Next year I will participate in a thankful countdown. And make multiple items from scratch. I hope, at least.
I still have a thankful heart, okay. I promise. Just a few things I am thankful for...
*my amazing husband who is far too good to me/for me
*my little girl who is the source of much joy, laughter, and exhaustion ;)
*extended family and friends who make life so much sweeter
*my life-changing pre push present (more to come on that later)
There is much more, of course. Dozens and dozens of things. I really am blessed beyond what I deserve.
Our weekend was about as relaxing as it has ever been over Thanksgiving (we have spent the past two years in California, after all). We ran (I walked) the turkey trot.
We ate dinner and dessert with both sides of our families. And had a wonderful time!
And then we relaxed all weekend. Checked items from the to do list. Decorated for Christmas. Laid low and enjoyed time as a family of three. Might it be the last weekend as a family of three? Who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment