Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nine

On July 5th we celebrated nine years of marriage. It's crazy, I know. I reflected on it last year and the year before and I mentioned it, at least, the year before that. So for the sake of documentation, which has kind of become the purpose of this blog, I must mention we had an anniversary. Another year to  stop and be thankful for this man I love and nine sweet, wild, crazy years.

Getting married on the 5th of July was great. We had some pretty cool fireworks on the eve of our wedding, we ran through a line of sparklers before jumping in our getaway car, and the weather was lovely. But let me tell you, celebrating an anniversary right in the middle of summer - during a holiday weekend - is not ideal. It is a time for BBQs and families and the lake. All things I love. But it is not the best time to steal away for some quite one on one time.

And so it just didn't happen for us this year. Our first pre-Montana anniversary dinner plans were cancelled when Clara came down with the flu. And we had a little babysitter miss-hap for our second dinner attempt. On our actual day, while in Montana, we stole away for fourteen minutes (literally) and drove to a camp store for diet cokes on the deck overlooking Two Medicine Lake before I rushed off to a bachelorette party that evening.

We may go out on a hot date in August. Or September. Or just forget it and anticipate a really wonderful TENTH anniversary, which is now quickly approaching ;).

Celebration or not, I am thankful for nine years married to my love. This was probably one of our most challenging and most joyous (if that is simultaneously possible?!) of the nine. I can't wait to see all that lies in store in the coming years!

2 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Ken & I were just talking about you guys earlier - we sure love you & think you guys are amazing. We miss you. Big hugs from Oregon! :)

Christa said...

Nine! Yay.... 14 minutes, so funny. Nine must be a wacky anniversary cause Erik and I just realized our ninth is tomorrow! ;) happy late anniversary!