Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cut for the Claranator

When I was pregnant with Clara, I remember saying something like, we don't know whether we'll be having a boy or girl, but we're pretty much guaranteed to have a baby with massively thick hair, who gets headaches by the age of two (if it's a girl) when she wears it in a ponytail.

Enter Clara. 
Thin, wispy hair. Front hair that has grown maybe to mid-cheek since birth (no bangs have ever been cut, promise!). 

There really is no genetic explanation, given the extreme abundance that resides on both J and my heads. But my hair dresser swears it will probably thicken over time - if not, at puberty.

In the meantime, this past week we did what we really should've done ages ago. We got a short little bob cut. And in the end, I swear to you it appears thicker! And I think it suits her just great.

The progression...





As soon as we climbed back into the car after the haircut, the first words out of Clara's mouth were some of her best: "mom, it's prettier than I hoped".

So there you go. Happy mom. Happy little girl. :)

2 comments:

carly said...

I seriously laughed through this whole post. Love it. :)

Goforth said...

Love her new hair; it fits her perfect little face! Love her too!