Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jonny's Hairdo

We are adjusting to the fact that Jonathan is now a professional and this new "doctor" title & actual job comes with a few new responsibilities. Case in point: the hair. For the last five years we have followed the "twice a year" pattern of hair-cuts. At two (usually strategically-planned) times during the year I would bust out the ol' hair-cutting razor and go to work.

I actually started cutting Jonathan's hair while we were dating and have been his faithful barber ever since (that's about seven years!). Before marriage, my clean-cut husband would require a haircut every two months or so. I'm not sure if over time the barber just got lazy (he could have gone somewhere else, right? but we all know that somewhere else wasn't free) or if the shaggy hairdo was just a welcome change from the clean-cut past. It was probably a little bit of both.

Now, though, we are realizing that this two-a-year plan will probably not suffice as we enter this new realm of adulthood. After a few weeks of "comments" at his workplace, I finally busted out the electric razor on Wednesday night and gave him a much-needed haircut.

I guess one advantage to cutting his hair more frequently will be the fact that he won't look like a total stranger for the week or two after his haircut...

2 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

You did a great job cutting his hair!... looks fantastic and totally clean-cut. ;) I cut Ken's hair too, just today actually --- try not to make fun of him at church tomorrow. HA! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been cutting Phil's hair since we first got married and he was in the Air Force and had to cut it every two weeks. Good job on his hair cut. Very professional.