Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Process

...of setting up home has definitely been just that: a process. Just two weeks ago we were given the keys to our home. Conveniently, it happened the day before a school break so I had the three-day weekend to work. My mom and I got six cans of paint and went to work, along with my mother & father-in-law + Jonnycakes, painting every room in the house (on the main floor). After two long days of painting, we moved our things in on Sunday the 12th -thanks to the help of many great friends. Thank you!

Sadly, there isn't much evidence of progress two weeks later. We have unpacked quite a few boxes but we definitely still have a load of them unopened downstairs. I had high ambitions of "attacking" each room, one at a time, at night after school. My motivation somehow has a way of leaving me, though, when I get home after a long day of school, meetings, and volleyball. Our plan is just to chip away at it during the weekends and hopefully we'll have a place that feels a little bit more settled in the coming weeks. FYI: If you live in the area, we're going to have an open house pretty soon (we hope)...I'll post details later!

Here are a few pictures that Jonathan took on painting day. You can still see the blue tape along the window sills:). I commissioned him to take tons of pictures and this is what we ended up with. Just about five pictures (with NONE from the bathroom, kitchen, or living room). I will officially be taking over camera duty in the coming days and maybe will post some better pictures when the place is more settled. Maybe by then we'll have some furniture to go along with our scratched TV stand (just one of many moving casualties) and amazing pink couch from the Boggs:). Yeah for a place to sit!!!




11 comments:

Patrick and Kimberly Gillette said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It must be so exciting to own your first home! I will look forward to seeing more pictures. :)

The Boggs Family said...

We love you guys and are so excited for you. When we bought our first house, it tooks us months before we were all unpacked. It seems like a never-ending process, but it is also so much fun! I LOVE your house - I didn't notice before, but your front door is the coolest!! Totally craftsman-style, solid wood... love, love, love it! And, I love your built-ins, the curved walls between your living/dining room.... great color choices too on the paint! :) I'm glad ya'll have a place to sit -- and trust me, we will not be offended if you find another couch that gets to grace your living room. Miss Pinkestaire can find another home. :) Giant hugs and lots of love to you both...

The Boggs Family said...

P.S. I've never seen a fireplace guard like that before--- I bet there's a history there!! It looks like it's true to the era. Was your house built in the 20's?

The Boggs Family said...

Last comment: 5:45am?!!!!!!!!! haha.

Dan and Shell said...

Can't wait to see the house in person!! No matter what, it's got to be nice to have your OWN space, even if you have to sit on the floor!! Can't wait for the movie Monday night!!

Unknown said...

I love the woodwork, fireplace, and the built-ins. Old houses are the best!

Anonymous said...

I love the fireplace and wood foors! Can't wait to see it!

Katie said...

It was so good to talk to you yesterday! I can't believe you were up! I saw it as a good omen to what was come of our day at districts....we played well but just not well enough. Luisa played so amazing and she played a lot for the first time in her short stint as a varsity gal this season. This season just hasnt' been the same without you. I love your new house and I can't wait to come and visit you guys!

The Hatfields said...

OMG, that house looks so much like the one we had on 13th!! The woodwork is different, but wow...I will send you pictures sometime. That is weird!

T-spoon's Adventures! said...

You're house is sooooo cute, I love it!

Jacob said...

What a great place! Can't wait to crash there! Hope you are two well with all the new changes, remember to keep breathing.

Love to you both from both of us.