Today Clara got to experience her first race. She ran in the Marmot March - a 1.2 mile loop through the park downtown. Since Bloomsday (10k road race) happens tomorrow, this little race is for kids seven and under. Let's just say there weren't too many not quite two year olds participating in the race. I think our group of four toddlers might have been the youngest participants, minus the ones who got the free rides in the strollers.
I am not exaggerating when I say that we finished last. As in dead last. Yep. They were picking up the cones and streamers as we crossed the finish line. But Clara walked/ran-ish-walked the entire thing (except for the beginning and end - where the giant mascots freaked her out). It was great.
With Jess and Maddie before the start of the race. Jessica and I go way back - as in seventh grade. Who would've known we'd move within two blocks of one another and have girls five weeks apart?
All the mamas and kiddos.
And we're off!
The melt-down begins (after seeing the large, stuffed mascots)...
Recovery. This is fun after all.
Holding hands with Hunter was probably Clara's favorite part.
The whole group -in what appears to be a BOB stroller advertisement.

All of us (minus Maddie - her parents were on the ball) got to participate because three kids from our toddler co-op ended up with pink eye. So Clara took the spot of C.W. (whom I've never met). So thank you C.W. Next year I will be on top of registration. And I can't help but get excited about the improvement we might see. It seems only fitting that the little girl who entered this great world on Bloomsday - participate in some sort of Boomsday-ish activity, right?
2 comments:
REALLY great pictures! Looks like this little race was a hit!!
Tooooo cute!! I love how you have her in a little track outfit just like you! :) I didn't even know they did this run; that's awesome! Glad you guys had such a great weekend & thanks for your sweet comment & text, too. Miss & love your family tons!!
Post a Comment