Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend in Montana

I have always loved Montana. It's close in proximity (part of it is close, I should say). It's ridiculously beautiful. And it grows some pretty darn good people. I mean, most people hailing from Montana are pretty great. At least the ones I know well (Andrea and Neal are just two). I'm sure there are some crazies; I just don't know them.

I love Montana even more since I have a family member living there. My littlest brother, Ethan, is a freshman at the U of M. This past weekend we drove over to Missoula to watch him play tennis. We actually weren't sure if he'd have the opportunity to play, but he did. He lost in a thrilling tie breaker, but of course we enjoyed watching him. No one more than Miss Clara. I'm not quite sure how "Uncle E" has risen in the ranks to become family favorite, but he somehow trumps everyone else, including grammy and grampy. This little girl is definitely smitten with her uncle.
In addition to watching some great tennis, we (our little family of three plus grammy, grampy, aunt "Pammy" and great uncle Dave) explored the the campus, ate a great meal at MacKenzie River Pizza, went on a chilly walk and enjoyed some ice cream at the Big Dipper. Let's just say that this summer will look much different than last summer when it comes to ice cream. Gone are the days of consuming the goodness in front of Clara, enjoying her oblivion.
The boys even took a 6:30 am hike to the M, overlooking the city. I decided to sleep instead, but I'm sure it was great fun.
We'll be glad to go back. We really love that place. In fact, we both agreed that we wouldn't mind living there. But only if we could get everyone we love to come with us. Since I don't see that happening, we probably won't make the move anytime soon. But there is still the appeal.

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

Looks like a fun getaway! Oh, and the Montana Freemen were slightly crazy...but I agree, most people from there are pretty great. ethan must love all the family support!

leahandtravishartanov said...

If she only knew who loved her most she'd like her Aunt Leah best.

carly said...

1. i love all the pics of clara and ethan.
2. mackenzie river pizza company, yum.
3. you're sure there are some crazies in MT? come on now amy. ;) i think you know.

amcdivitt said...

Unfortunately, I can add to the list of Montana crazies...let's not forget Ted Kaczynski the unabomer! I think all the cool people trump the crazies though. I'm so glad you got some family time in Montana. Miss ya!