Why is August 1st my favorite day of the year? No, it's not because it falls mid-summer (I do love summer). It's not because it usually falls on the eve of some big trip (although I am going to Nashville Wednesday, and I am excited about it). It's not because of a birthday or an anniversary, or any other big landmark.It is because August 1st marks the first day I begin using a new planner. Yes, I am that ridiculous. I find great joy in filling its pages with all the important dates of the year. And then it becomes home to my lists: of daily plans, to dos, and other random musings (lists of kid names, books I want to read, projects I want to finish in our house, etc. etc. etc.). It is often referred to as my brain, because I don't think I could live without it. Once I left it on an airplane and nearly hyperventilated until I could re-enter and claim it. I know. I'm a bit obsessed.
There is no reason I should use an August to August calendar. I'm not a student or even a teacher anymore. But I haven't managed to live a year without one, since buying one of these bad boys at the Whitworth book store ten years ago. The color selection is always a big decision (as it should be, you know). I've traded in the red 2010-2011 for the turquois 2011-2012. I think I'm happy with my choice.
7 comments:
Okay Amy this is hilarious! I was in Staples today trying to choose a new academic planner myself. I found myself thinking of you and your love for the August to August. Then I read your post. Laughing! Here's to a good academic year for you :)
;) You are so funny!! What are you going to Nashville for??
oh yes, i DO know. ;)
Hey there planning sister! I busted into my August to August (thank you Whitworth bookstore) today...2nd day on the new job and I was in dire need of organization. My department is trying to get me to use some fancy online calendar that they can all view, but I will not relinquish the August to August so easily :) Love ya and have a wonderful trip!
we might be soul mates:) nothing i love better than my new yearly calendar!
Oh Amy, I can SO relate! I have been hooked on planners since my freshman year of high school and I've had one ever since (10 years and counting!). I am about to buy my new academic planner next week :) I don't know what I would do without it!
man i love you girl. and you made an excellent choice with the color! love it.
Post a Comment