Tomorrow is the big day. Although I was really planning/hoping/expecting to go into labor on my own, it looks like this baby will be entering the world via an induction starting at 6am in the morning.
It's far from the perfect scenario, but I am over the disappointment, I think. I suppose I could go into labor on my own in the next sixteen hours, but it's not looking too likely. Especially since I've tried pretty much every labor-inducing strategy I can think of (pressure points, foot massages, raspberry tea, spicy food, long walks on full bladders ;), etc. etc. etc.). I think this baby just likes the comfort of the womb better than the prospect of life in the great big universe. But ready or not, he/she will (hopefully) come tomorrow, December 7th. A good day to be born, I think.
And we're ready. As ready as we can be, I guess. I've caught up on laundry. Our sheets are clean. The bathroom is clean. A few freezer meals have been pre-made. The Christmas decorations are up. The gifts have been purchased. Yes, all the things I can control have been thoroughly controlled.
Now I will surrender to all the uncontrollables. Like labor. Oh yes, and the baby. And the big sister's response to the baby. And pretty much everything else from this point forward in life ;).
And just for the sake of documentation, here is the last preggo shot....for a LONG time! Taken this weekend at 40 weeks...
7 comments:
Sending prayers your way! You'll do great!! Can't wait to see pics of the new Hook baby!
good luck and easy labor vibes to you! its just as exciting, amazing and breath taking the second time around :)
Oh yay!! I'm so excited for you and your family to meet your newest bundle of joy. Enjoy the newborn euphoria as long as possible! The 7th is the perfect day to enter the world. :) Can't wait to here what you are little Hook babe!
*hear (read) :)
Will be thinking of you tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics!
Who knows? Maybe you'll go into labor tonight.:). That's what my sister in law did with her second child the night before she was induced.:). Praying for a smooth and safe delivery! And I guess this means no playdate this Thursday? ;). Blessings to you and a good night's sleep.
as my eyes are pricked with tears... the first of many for missing out on your baby's entrance into this world... i am so proud of you amy! you're an amazing mom already to this second babe and i cannot wait to watch the journey from here on out. we LOVE you dearly from afar. can't wait to get that email baby!!!
Post a Comment