This weekend we enjoyed a nice little getaway. We traveled north, yet again, to the great country called Canada (I love you, Canada). This time, we went further east, to the town of Kimberley, BC. It's a great little spot - a destination we've enjoyed before. Jonathan's dad got a great deal with a travel Groupon, and so we decided to make the trek together.
As always, it was nice to get away. At Red Mountain Clara had her first downhill skiing experience. This weekend, she tried out her xc skis for the first time. She loved it.



And then she got a free ride with daddy. (I am feeling a bit jipped that I didn't don skis until my early twenties. I would've liked the free ride part. And the being caught by the great, big, strong daddy while downhill skiing part).


We enjoyed hanging out at the condo. This little guy makes the act of "hanging out" fourteen times better than normal.
Jono and his dad took in a little local hockey, of course.
Oh yes, and even though we never bought downhill lift tickets, Jonathan still managed to hike up the mountain on snowshoes and snowboard down.
Add a quick stop to Tim Horton's on the way home, and we'll call it a successful trip to the land up north.


6 comments:
It is so pretty there! I love the new pictures of Caleb, it may be my favorite yet!:)
Ahh that is so awesome! And Ken goes, "I didn't know he snowboarded?" :) Then again, is there really anything he can't do?! You guys are amazing and it looks like such a fun weekend away... sometimes it's just nice to get outta dodge, especially when the Winter season up there can feel like it stretches on and on... and on... ;) You all look beautiful as always & I can't get over how stinkin' cute your kids are! I just want to squeeze Caleb's cheeks & I loved how you said he makes "hanging out" 14x better! Too cute & such a fun stage! Love you guys & miss you!
I'm so glad that you got to enjoy a winter adventure as a family. The two week countdown has begun...I can not WAIT to meet this Caleb!
Yea for CANADA & Timbits!!! Booyah! Caleb has changed so much! I need to get my hands on him again :)
Looks like fun! In the picture of Caleb and Clara on the floor, I think they really resemble each other. What cute little siblings.:)
Something about this post has me in tears! I love you all so much and I love seeing your life and "hearing" you talk about it. So thankful for the blog :)
Post a Comment