Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Road Trip

We decided to take our first road trip/adventure as a family of three this past weekend. In true Jonathan form we got an early start, departing after Clara's night feeding on Monday morning at 3:15 am. We drove to Steptoe Butte to watch the sunrise. Jonathan took about five million pictures as I fed Clara breakfast. I had never been to Steptoe Butte before, even though it's less than two hours from Spokane. It was beautiful!

Then we drove to the good old town of Washtucna, where we had the world's worst coffee and breakfast. I shouldn't have expected much, though, given the fact that it's a farming town with a population of about five people. From there we drove to Palouse Falls and took a little hike with Clara in the carrier. It was quite the day. Hopefully it will be just one of many adventures to come as a family of three! 

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous photographs--they make me miss the Northwest. It looks like you three are doing well. I hope to see you soon!

Nick & Kate Johnson said...

So fun to see you and your family in a picture of my roots... you're right, you can pretty much count the population of Washtucna on your hands. But nonetheless it was a great place to grow up if you like the dirt! :) So fun to see pictures of you - time escapes us in so many ways. :) Congratulations too on your beautiful baby Clara. What a precious gift, you are blessed! God is great!

Anonymous said...

wow! Glad to see you aren't slowing down on your adventures. We have never been to Steptoe or the Palouse Falls. I hear it is beautiful. NIce pictures Jon.

Anonymous said...

those pictures are really SO pretty. i want to go there now!:)

Libby said...

wow! what a woman...after just having a baby- like weeks ago!

Travis said...

Great pictures. Jonathan and I have quite a bit in common. You are adventerous....