#1. Our lovely little Clara has had quite the time w/ gas lately. In fact, as ignorant first-time parents we went to the doctor about it last Thursday. She really hadn't cried until that point hardly at all, so her first grunts and yelps of pain freaked us (me) out. The doctor said we weren't crazy - and has me off milk and coffee for a while. That + mylicon drops have been our remedy - although she still has some uncomfortable moments, the poor girl. Mostly, she's happy though, and as cute as ever.
#2. I have mastitis. It's true. I told the doctor that I probably deserve everything I get in the next weeks/months because I had the world's easiest pregnancy. It is pretty awful though. Thankfully I went for my two week check-up and happened to have a 103 degree temperature. I had been feeling pretty terrible since the day before but wasn't sure what was going on. I was really glad to hear that I can't get Clara sick and that they have great antibiotics that work immediately - hurrah! I'm also relieved to know that breast-feeding shouldn't hurt that bad!
#3. While all of this has been going on, Jonathan had this great idea to tear down the roof on the side of our garage, rip up the concrete underneath, and plant sod instead. Of course I was excited about this prospect too - I just didn't expect him to tackle the entire project this weekend and then work on it two week-nights in a row until 10pm (all while I was in my sickest state). It all started with some free sod given to him by a coworker. Then he mentioned his project to a patient who brought by his trailer for Jonathan to borrow. At that point there was no backing out (I told him to be careful what he shares at his clinic from now on:)!). Hours and hours of work later, we now have a better view looking out our back porch. Whew!
The view before...
In process...
The new view...
3 comments:
Oh my dear Amy... you poor thing. I am praying for you & thinking of you all the time! I cannot believe how much Clara has changed since meeting her in the hospital - she is TOTALLY your baby girl! Such a perfect mix of you both; like, can see you & Jonathan in her & she could not be more beautiful. Ahhhh.... you are such a great Mom already! Servant-hearted came to mind as I read your latest blog post. We sure love you guys. What do you need, what can I help with, how can I make you feel better? :) Mastitis is horrible & I am so bummed you are going through that. Getting anymore sleep? How's she doing at night? I'll call you tomorrow...:) Love you!!
She is so adorable! Jared and I think she looks just like Jonathan. : ) Sucks about the mastitis. I got it twice, and it was NOT fun. But those antibiotics are a lifesaver!
Hudson has "gas" issues as well. We've been pooring the mylicon drops in him like no other. My mom says it has helped but he still gets fussy about half way between feedings. Then a burp or fart will come out. I guess they just out grow it. I just get sad that he's sad.
You look great by the way! Congrats on baby Clara. This sumer we need to get together with Kristen and Grace at Riverfront Park for a walk!
Post a Comment