
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tongue-Tied
It was a sad day yesterday. After coming down with another fever I called a lactation consultant. She actually came by our house (pretty incredible, I know) to check me out. Not only did she find that I have a yeast infection on top of mastitis, but when she looked into Clara's mouth she found out she was tongue-tied! The crazy part about that was that I had noticed in the hospital and had asked a nurse about it. The nurse had told me it was normal. Boy was I thankful that the lactation consultant caught it! The next morning (Wednesday) I called in and set up her procedure. The ENT clinic got us in that afternoon and I am so grateful! I'm also grateful that my mom went with me and held Clara during it (I just couldn't do it). It ended up being a simple clip and she fell asleep a few minutes later. Now my little girl can lick popsicles when she grows up, say her vowel sounds correctly (let's hope):) and she can nurse a whole lot better too. Here she is at home just an hour after the procedure...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys were able to get everything taken care of!
She looks like nothing happened. I hope you get to feeling like 100% real soon. Sorry you had to go through all that. It was good to talk to you last night.
Post a Comment