Friday, November 20, 2009

I've found my calling...

Well, not quite. I am only joking, really. In my four years of teacher training, I think we talked about calling about 500 times. That's a good thing. Teaching is hard and you definitely need more than an I want summers off mentality to make it as a teacher - and to make any kind of impact, really.

But that's not what this post is about. It's about my new calling. I had to find something now that teaching is on hold and volleyball is over (4th in state - yeah, baby!). Here it is...

Bow making. Yes, you read correctly. You may have seen this bow holder that I posted when I first finished Clara's nursery. It now holds about 36 bows (there are a few I did not make) and I no longer have a place to put the flowers or felt creations. Huge dilemma, I know.

I am mostly joking. But...in all seriousness...I have enjoyed this new little hobby. It's definitely not something I would have imagined 10 years ago (or even a year ago - ha!). So if you're in need of a stylish little ribbon-lined alligator clip w/ a lovely little bow...to attach to a headband or just straight to the hair (I don't know about that yet -we're working on hair growth here but it isn't quite there yet), let me know:). Maybe I'll go into business!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to learn how you are making them. I have a ton of headbands that I have made Grace with flowers attached, but I haven't been finding ones I like. Maybe we can together some afternoon!

Kimmer said...

So, can you put on some kind of bow-making professionsl development day workshop to teach others how?? I'd definitely sign up! Love the bows!

Kimmer said...

I meant professional

Libby said...

that is awesome! i so wish i could be artistically talented. i am just glad others are. i am very impressed!

the tampiens said...

Yay!!! You should totally do a business! I'll buy some when we have kids... in a few years... :)

JeffandKatyRiddell said...

So cute Amy!!! Maybe someday I'll be asking you for some. Can't wait to see you all in less than a week...I really am so excited we get to have an entire night with you.

Addy Johnson said...

Sign me up for an order =)