Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

So I have been thinking about what I'm thankful for a lot in the past few days. Maybe it was the challenge at church to actually stop and remember our blessings. Maybe it was the fact that we had a thanksgiving-ish meal with both parents since we'll be gone for the actual day. Maybe it was the fact that the ridiculous Christmas tree (that I usually love, don't get me wrong) is already up at Riverpark Square. Come on...what ever happened to Thanksgiving!!?? I'm not quite sure, but I feel like I need to actually stop this year and reflect on some blessings. Here are just a few things I'm thankful for right now...

*I have a husband that I love more now than I ever could have imagined 6 1/2 years ago when we said "I do". He never ceases to surprise me and I love the man he has become in the years I've known him. We really did grow up (and continue to, I guess) together.
*Fall food. Specifically pumpkin. Have I said that before?
*My little girl gets to grow up close to both her grandparents. I was always jealous of friends who really got to spend time with their grandparents and actually know them (It feels like a bit of insurance too - just in case we don't do a good enough job raising her on our own:)).
*I get to stay at home with Clara. It's not the right choice for everyone, I know, I just feel so blessed that I get to.
*A healthy body. Cliche, I know, but after my three-week sickness a few weeks ago, I am happy to have two ears that hear and the energy to carry about my day!

That's it for now. Just words. Or, I'll post this great picture that I never did post. It's from about a month ago. Did I say I was thankful for my little girl? I am.

2 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

What a darling picture of sweet Clara!! Loved your post too, and the post about your bow making calling! I may hire you to make a Christmas bow/headband for Mags' dress. ;) In that pic of Clara, she looks like you!!!! Seriously! I usually think she's got Jonathan's features, but in that one, she really looks like her beautiful mama too! Happy Thanksgiving to you three, hope you have a wonderful time with your sis!!

mikehartanov said...

Oh man... this is a pretty dang good blog. I just saved it on my bookmark tab so I will remember to check on it from time to time. It was good seeing you guys down in CA this last weekend. I will try and solve the see's candy mystery for you guys and return the goods over break. Get ready for volleyball madness too.

-Mike