We said goodbye to summer in near-perfect form: a picnic at the park with the symphony and some good friends (plus a few thousand other people). Jonathan grew up attending the Labor Day concert at the park each year, and I love the tradition. Hopefully it will always be as lovely an evening as it was this past year. We've had really warm days for September, and I don't think anyone is complaining - especially after our chilly early summer weather!
We picnicked with our friends the Blomgrens and Pickerings. David and Kelly were together here in Spokane for just a week after picking up sweet Evelyn in Korea. We were so thrilled to get to see them as a family of four before David returned to Germany (the day after our gathering). Kelly will follow as soon as the adoption is finalized. We are so happy for them and so sad for us!

Somehow Andrew was the only Pickering family member we managed to capture. Here he is in all his night before first day of Kindergarden glory...crown and all!

We were also joined by one of Jonathan's ninety-something year old patients, Miffie. She loved the music and watching the craziness of the six kids, I'm sure ;). If I can be as "with it" as Miffie at ninety, I'll be thrilled!
And so the summer of 2011 comes to a close. It was a good one, I tell you. But we have much to look forward to in the months ahead as well!

3 comments:
Clara is so beautiful! That picture of her and Miffie is priceless. I love hearing about all of your adventures, Amy. Keep it up! :)
What fun -- you guys are such beautiful people inside & out. I love that you love traditions, you love people well, and enjoy the every day memories together that make your great adventure so captivating! :) We miss you guys! Would the Hooks perhaps want an adventure in Southern Oregon? ;) There's a guest bed & toddler mattress with your name on it if Crater Lake or the Coast hold any appeal this Fall. ;) Do Blomgrens live in Germany? Were they just home for a season during the adoption?... or maybe they had been gearing up for a missionary move there? So cool! And praise God for the finalization of their adoption of their sweet little Evelyn! Love & miss you guys much.... hugs to all!
Okay I'm in tears... again! I love what you said about us and the pictures. So great. We are truly honored to be your friends.
And, the picture of you and C is great!!
Post a Comment