Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We went up to the lake over Labor Day for one last summer hurrah. And what a lovely hurrah it was. The weather was great - hot even. And both our parents were able to be there for part of the weekend. I really didn't do much except relax by the lake and read. And eat. It's kind of ridiculous, actually. This is the first summer I've ever spent pregnant, and I really do miss the opportunity to run, bike, and adventure while at the lake. But I know I have many summers ahead to fill with activity. So I savored the opportunity to catch up on rest. And to dig a nice little hole for my belly on the beach. Oh, how I miss sleeping on my stomach! Here is a review of our very relaxing last weekend at the lake (sigh).
Like every year, we hate to see summer go. But we're also excited about the transition to fall. Schedule. Routine. Baking again ;). Jeans and sweaters. Football. Apples. Cool nights. And of course the fact that this little baby will join our family sooner with each day that passes!

1 comment:

Blomgrens said...

We love Priest Lake now too - because of you guys of course! What a beautiful weekend you had. Your picture of the flowers look like a postcard!