Friday, February 15, 2013

V Day

This past week we've gotten into the Valentines spirit with a fun little party with friends, some homemade Valentine making, and a celebration breakfast. My Ina Garten beef short rib recipe & Mel's kitchen dessert will be made next week, apparently, as last-minute afternoon plans gave way to take & bake pizza + the journey to the center of cookie goodness (Trader Joes, for the win). So much for my fancy valentines dinner in tradition, which I believe was started last year. Or maybe I was going to start this year. Next year is the year, folks. 

Here are a few pictures of all the V Day happenings...
Party at Jess's house: guess whose child ate her cookies the fastest?
After decorating the mailboxes, they were stuffed with valentines
The kiddos, friends since 1 year old co-op preschool
Mamas (sorry Sharon, Clara chopped off part of your face)
The flower pop valentines
Her presents from daddy, her valentine: balloon & new book!
Pink & red pancake breakfast
This is a hot husband consuming pancakes
The V Day loot
Despite my colossal failure in the dinner category, we had a great valentines day. It was Jono's day off, after all. I am thankful for my love and our first date (the LC Valentines dance in 2000). Who knew that what started with a Couer d' Alene dinner date, dancing, and Shari's pie could, thirteen years later, "create" two little darlings?!
 

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

I love all the pictures, but the first one is priceless. I love Caleb's expression, and Clara's lip position. :) Looks like some fun celebrating.

The Boggs Family said...

Thumbs up!! :)

The Boggs Family said...

I'm with Kimmer, too. That first pic is too priceless! ;) And so glad that vday is a wonderful day of celebrating the beginning of your story together. Love you guys!

Katie said...

I love that last picture of Clara and Caleb! Miss you!!!