This year for Mother's Day I requested a family day together - doing something active/adventurous. And I also said I didn't want to cook.
What I got was a great day out on the
Trail of Coeur d' Alene, biking from the south part of the lake into Harrison. And when we returned home, a nice little meal at
Costa Vida & ice cream at
The Scoop, a double scoop (I always get a double scoop, in case you are wondering). It was pretty close to the perfect day.
The bike ride was just about an hour each way, at least it was for us on a tag-along bike & a mountain bike pulling a bike trailer. Jono opted out of the
two kids in the burley approach, which was probably a wise decision. There is no way Clara would have stayed happy in that thing - and she would have certainly sabotaged Caleb's nap. That meant this mama was in charge of pulling Caleb in the trailer. Happy Mother's Day to me ;).
Let me just say I now appreciate my husband's efforts these past four-ish years because it was hard work. I basically felt like I was going uphill both ways and crawling at a snail's pace. But we made it. And the kids loved it.
 |
| Gearing up to go - quite the undertaking (thank you Jono) |
 |
Ready to take a spin on two-wheels before joining daddy on the tandem |
 |
| Slathered in sunscreen and ready to go |
 |
| My view for most of the fifteen miles |
 |
| This mama, pulling part of her brood |
 |
| What Caleb did most of the time :) |
I have a feeling we have some family bike trips in our future & that makes me really, really happy. Next time we might even have Clara flying solo and Jono back pulling the burley? We shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment