Monday, May 13, 2013

Random Happenings

Here are a few random, and completely unrelated, things that we've been up to in the past two weeks. For the sake of documenting the small stuff...

Thing 1: Clara did swim lessons for the first time since last summer. Although it took her a few minutes into her first lesson to remember how much she loved the water, she bounced right back to her fish girl self and loved her time in the water.
Anxiously awaiting her first lesson
Practicing the float
Thing 2: Caleb George has been one sick cookie. This sweet picture was taken at the ER in the middle of the night, after he finally fell asleep (I have another awesome one of him covered in vomit after he puked mid-four mile run, but I thought I'd spare you that lovely sight). First a unnamed viral rash that lasted for weeks followed by a really bad virus (and my sad absence from Bloomsday). Then he picked up a cold and essentially he's been an on & off sickie for nearly a month, the poor guy!
Thing 3: May Day! I have great memories of delivering May baskets as a kid. We'd drive to our friends' houses, leave a basket on the doorstep, knock on the door or ring the bell and hide. Supposedly if found, we'd have to get kissed by our friend. I don't remember that part entirely - just the thrill of hiding. So this year, despite a sick brother, Clara and I made and delivered baskets to friends on foot. We were only caught by one of the four ;).
Thing 4: Mother's Day tea at preschool. Clara's class preformed a few sweet songs for all the mamas and then we had a little tea time together. And we received plants and a question sheet the kids filled out about us mamas. Here is Clara's...
My favorite thing to do with my mom is bake.
My favorite game to play with my mom is Candyland.
When my mom is happy she bakes.
I love my mom because I love to play with her.
 
Thing 5: An awesome inheritance. A patient of Jono's hooked us up with a sweet tandem bicycle. Since coming into ownership of this bad boy, Jonathan and Clara have been spending tons of time riding through the south hill neighborhoods. We're excited to take it out on a bike path soon!
Thing 6: A beautiful garden planting day with Grampy. On the top of Clara's list of fun things to do is "helping" (perform various tasks) so she was all over the assistant gardner position, created just for her by her Grampy for the day. A wide variety of vegetables were planted and I look forward to all kinds of deliciousness that will come our way this summer as a result of Clara and Grampy's efforts!
Thing 7: A quick visit to Great Granddad's house resulting in lots of laps around his property in his motorized chair. Clara and Caleb couldn't get enough, so I had to document this as well. We are all about the little moments around here. And it was a fun and memorable afternoon for sure!

1 comment:

Blomgrens said...

I love the everyday things!