Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two Wheels

The other day Jonathan woke me up from an afternoon nap (yes, it was the weekend and I was enjoying a great little snooze alongside Caleb) and told me I had to grab the video camera now. I couldn't believe it when I walked outside to this sight: our little girl on two wheels! 

I really felt that we were months away from this landmark. But apparently this little girl is more determined than I thought. The day before she had "discovered" this bike, intentionally hidden in the back of the garage (due to an overabundance of birthday toys lately - oh well!) and had insisted on trying it out immediately. I am pretty much certain it was because of the attached doll seat, fanny pack, and rainbow streamers.

Whatever the reason, we are (mostly) happy to say our little girl has been loving biking on two wheels this past few weeks. We are just praying for a nice, long accident-less stretch where she gains confidence. That first crash is looming just around the bend, let me tell you ;).

But it's been so fun to watch her love biking. In fact, I think watching her learn to bike is probably up there in Jono's top three dad moments. One of those things this daddy has been dreaming about since meeting this little lady in the hospital four years ago.
Here they come...
So excited :)
And off they go!
I can't wait to see the adventures that lie in store for this little biking girl - and for all of us as a family!

1 comment:

Blomgrens said...

So wonderful! I can imagine Jono's joy!