Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Year Check-Up

Even though Clara turned two earlier in May, she had her two year appointment today. Actually they called it the 24 month appointment. I like that even better; counting in months makes her seem younger.

Anyway, the appointment went well. She is healthy and doing great. We were a little bit surprised when it came to her statistics, however. First of all, they took her height measurement this time by having her stand next to a wall. And she stepped on the scale to measure her weight. Such a big girl!

She was 34 1/4 inches tall. That, doubled, is 68 1/2 inches, making her projected adult height 5'8"1/2, which is just about right, I think (I'm just shy of 5'9"). She's in the 75th percentile for height.

And her weight? Thirty-two pounds. Yes, our little lady packs quite the punch. She may not look it, but that puts her in the 90th percentile for weight. Meaning her height & weight basically did a reversal for this appointment. Sheesh.

The good (or not so good, depending) news about that is that she's almost the exact build I was as a two year old. I just think my belly may have been a little bigger. I'll have to compare pictures one of these days. Final conclusion: the monster days continue.

No comments: