Jonathan's dream of owning a surfboard is now a reality. This week he purchased this board from a surf shop just down the street. Although they mostly sell new boards, they occasionally get used ones to resell. This fine 7 foot 6 inch board was just sold to the shop from a surfer who was leaving to return home after a holiday. That made for perfect timing -- since the store owner says that used boards rarely hang around for more than a few days before they're taken.
You may not have to do more than glance at these pictures to feel the joy that my husband is experiencing:). We'll just say that not all athletic endeavors involving this board have produced the same quantity of joy (he's been throttled a couple of times). However, he is getting better all the time and it's fun to watch. I plan on busting a move on the board pretty soon myself. While he's been rocking the waves of Maroochydore Beach, I've been enjoying swimming and my leisurely reading on the beach (we're both currently devouring Harry Potter -- I admit, I have taught for almost three years and hadn't cracked open a cover from the series). Stay tuned for more surfing news to come -- hopefully none that involve the sh--k word!
4 comments:
neal is definitely going to be jealous when he sees these pics!:) looks like you guys are having so much fun!
how far are you in harry potter so far?
Sweet Pictures. Travis is so jealous. I wish I could be reading with you on the beach as I too was throttled by waves in Cali last week. I miss you sister. Skype date soon?
The red on "Jonny's" shoulder looks an awful lot like a bite mark to me. Are you sure there aren't some sharks in the water? Don't forget to look behind you, Jonathan! I too wish I was reading on that beach.
Love Mom
Kathy said. . .
You should write a book! A travel book with all your special photos.
Can't wait to see it in person.
love mama H
Terrian had to come to my house to read this, she says. . . "catch a wave for me, you Lucky-Duckies! At least our snow is melting!" terrian
Post a Comment