It's been rainy here for the last week, off and on. There was a bit of a break on Friday and since Jonathan has that day off each week, we were able to enjoy the beach for a few hours together. Then rain returned soon after, though, and when you have a scooter as your form of transportation, it's not a very good combination (rain + scooter =bath). So, we looked into some indoor activities this weekend. We decided on Underwater World.
Underwater World is a nice little aquarium just south near the wharf. We spent a good part of Saturday there, enjoying the marine sights and sounds (sights I guess mostly, as none of the creatures made much noise:)). We enjoyed the seal show and the underwater shark and stingray exhibit the most. It was kind of crazy, watching sharks swim right above you! That's as close as I hope to ever come with the species.
Since we were right on the wharf, we had to take advantage of the fresh fish & chips again. This time we were wiser and decided to split a basket of the fresh goodness:). All of the places along the spit sell fresh seafood as well, so we're hoping to pick some up and do some cookin' one of these days. It was a fun day, although we're hoping for the return of the sunshine really soon!
1 comment:
Hi Amy! I saw that you posted on Aaron & Darcy's blog and I just had to check yours out. What an amazing adventure for you guys! You look amazing and I wish you the best. Send some of that sun our way!
Post a Comment